We are pretty excited to see people using our mini-projects with all sorts of CNC machines from the industrial sized monsters, DIY machines and upgraded kit machines. John was one of the first we heard of using the ShapeOko 2 CNC, Aspire and our mini-projects to create his weekend CNC projects.
"CNC Machine used was a Shapeoko 2 with a DW660 router with upgraded ACME Z Axis and Dual Y Axis Drive with a custom 3D Printed Dust shoe.
- Used Aspire to lay out the design and generate tool path's took approximately 1.5hours
- Ran the rough cust with a 1/4" end mill approximate time 2 hours
- Ran the Finish cut what a 1/16" ball nose approximate time 3.5 hours
- Ran the Vcarve lettering with 90deg Vbit approximate time 10 minutes
- Ran the Profile cut with a 1/4" end mill approximate time 20 minutes
Sign was cut into 3/4" pine and air brushed with Opaque auto paint for durability and coated with 5 coats of spray on Shellac."
John was nice enough to supply some work in progress snaps too help illustrate his work flow.
What a great finished piece and we are pretty sure it was very well received!
Thank you so much for sharing and, John, you can consider yourself "Weekend CNC Warrior" Approved!
Be safe and let the chips fly!
The CNCminiProjects Team