This is the final installment of the Under the Sea themed projects... for now. All 3 (1,2) projects were created to work together to create a large collection of under the sea inspired models for an almost infinite number of layout possibilities!
All 3 projects have been inspired by what you might see in the shallow pools of water you find while walking along the beach. Things like sea urchins, clams, smooth rocks and driftwood give you a glimpse of what you might encounter on the seafloor. Using the wavy texture and wavy tile ends, included in this project, you can create some interesting wall art, cottage signs, coffee tables and even a headboard that will surely keep you dreaming of the surf.
We have designed a pile of neat features into this project that will make it even easier to use and re-use. These features include:
- 2 Wavy Tile Ends that accept VCarving or even the addition of raised text.
- The Wavy Tile Ends have been created to perfectly match the Wavy tile in the 1st and 2nd Under the Sea projects. This will allow you to cap off the ends so those sea creatures don't escape!
- The Wavy Textures shape height can be adjusted to make a very interesting textured panel, background or merged model that will create a wavy overlapping texture.
- The Driftwood Board has an interesting texture that can be VCarved with a family name or lay a few side by side to make a rustic panel.
- The bottom of the clamshell is perfect for making a dish for coins or even rings.
We can't wait to see what you do with these models and the others in the series!
We created this short video to help get you started with this project. Click the link or image above to view on YouTube.
We are in the process of launching a
new Design and Make shopping experience. Please click the button below to view this project in our new Project Shop.
Hack this Project!
The Under the Sea No.3 project contains the following models and project sheet.
To get you started on your next weekend project we have included this assembled layout.
Food for thought.
Ideas for other combinations of this project.
In case you need...
The vector outlines for all of the models in this project you can download them from this link:
In case you wanted to know...
Font used in the renderings is called -
- Palatino Linotype
Font used in the Project Sheet for this project is called -
- Freestyle Script
- Palatino Linotype
Get yourself officially Weekend CNC Warrior Approved... you know you deserve it!
Post your finished project in the Vectric User Forum under Vector Art 3D / Design and Make It - Gallery or Email us an image of a project you made that uses one of our projects and a short description (try to include software used, the CNC ,finishing process and a social link... don't forget your name).
When it gets posted we will be sure to let you know!!!!
Share an image of a finished project that uses one of our models and get it posted here! WOW!!!!
This project was created for those that gaze up and see the sky above their heads and feel the sand beneath their feet.