Much like our Under the Sea No.1 CNC project this is perfect for people inspired by the sea.
This is the second in a series of 3 sea and ocean themed projects. All have been inspired by what you might see in the shallow pools of water you find while walking along the beach. Things like sand dollars, crabs, seaweed, smooth rocks and driftwood give you a glimpse of what you might encounter on the seafloor. Using the wavy tile and sand texture, included in this project, you can create some interesting wall art, cottage signs, coffee tables and even a headboard that will surely keep you dreaming of the surf.
We have designed a pile of neat features into this project that will make it even easier to use and re-use. These features include:
- Wavy tile that accepts V-Carving or even the addition of raised text.
- Wavy tile can be tiled end to end to make a longer layout and models can be tucked up under the raised border to create a more interesting project.
- Wavy tile has a flat bottom so it can accept almost any model and will also let you get the most "Z" depth out of the added model.
- Merge the sandy beach texture into the wavy tile to give it a seafloor look.
- The driftwood root has raised bits that you can tuck models underneath.
Have some fun with these projects and create something that even the "crabbiest" person will appreciate!
We created this short video to help get you started with this project. Click the link or image above to view on YouTube.
We are in the process of launching a
new Design and Make shopping experience. Please click the button below to view this project in our new Project Shop.
Hack this Project!
The "Dream Higher..." motivational plaque was made using the models from the following projects:
- Wavy Tile No.1, Star Fish, Barnacles, Drift Wood No.1, Smooth Rocks No.1, Sea Shell No.1 - Under the Sea No.1
- Wavy Time No.2, Beach Texture, Seaweed, Driftwood Root, Sand Dollar, Smooth Rocks No.1 - Under the Sea No.2
WOW... that's a hack worth making!
The Under the Sea No.2 project contains the following models and project sheet.
To get you started on your next weekend project we have included this assembled layout.
Food for thought.
Ideas for other combinations of this project.
In case you need...
The vector outlines for all of the models in this project you can download them from this link:
In case you wanted to know...
Fonts used in the renderings are -
- Georgia, Monotype Corsiva, Freestyle Script, Gadugi
Font used in the Project Sheet for this project is called -
- Georgia, Monotype Corsiva
Get yourself noticed... you know you deserve it!
Post your finished project in the Vectric User Forum under Vector Art 3D / Design and Make It - Gallery or Email us an image of a project you made that uses one of our projects and a short description (try to include software used, the CNC ,finishing process and a social link... don't forget your name).
When it gets posted we will be sure to let you know!!!!
Share an image of a finished project that uses one of our models and get it posted here! WOW!!!!
This project was created to for those inspired by the sea!