Daniel auf der Maur - Customer Focus

It seems our CNC projects have made it into the hands of another craftsman who has taken them and created something that we are sure you'll all enjoy!  Daniel is from Switzerland and took the time to share some of his finished pieces with us... get ready to be inspired!  

"Firstly, congratulations on your products."
"I am very satisfied. you can see every little detail just perfect, will buy again for sure with you. I work with Aspire am a newbie, am concerned only been about half a year to work. but am very pleased with the products I produce

(Sorry about the translation - Google Translate did it's best)

Daniel used the Western Saloon No.1 project to create this saloon sign!

If this is what Daniel is producing with only a half year of CNC experience... we can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

"Saloon 1 product is 60cm. long and about 30cm wide. Solid Linde."

Wonderful finish on that saloon sign it's spot on!  The style of the text is also perfect for the layout.



"The sheriff's star was an order for a bar, on 10 shots are served."

This is a great idea and a classy way to deliver the round of drinks... and reminder that the Sheriff might just be watching!

The burnt finish is also a nice touch.  It really give the final piece an old saloon look!

There are some other pieces that Daniel has posted on his site... super work!


The 2 clocks look so nice made using slabs of wood with the bark on the edges and the one on the right has a great looking texture added to it.  Great use of the hands and rings from the Be Mine No.1 project!

This is a great hack using the Western Saloon No.1 and some other models Daniel collected (and we think that might just be Daniel in the photo???)

Thanks again Daniel for sharing these projects with us!

Carl and Don just keep hacking around!

These Weekend CNC Warriors seem to really enjoy project hacking and keep sending in their very inspirational hack ideas.  Some of these hack will become finished pieces and some have been hacked together just for fun.

Carl Hind-Rutter

Layout for a stool.

Layout for a stool.


Carl was inspired by the Let's Ride No.1 project and felt it would make for a great start to a steampunk hack.  He added in a bit of raised text and a gear using his CarveWright software.

Looking good Carl!


Don Harding

This is a fun one... using the On the Lake Cottage Sign project.  Still a work in progress but it's a great start!

Don keeps on hacking, not only to help build his layout skills but also for inspiration.

These hacks are a few he printed out and hung in his shop to keep the creative juices flowing!


This is one of his hacks that made it to a finished piece.  We love the way he used the round circle shape from the Mother's Garden No.1 project and the pan head motor from the Let's Ride No.1 project!  

Keep those hacks coming Don!

15.5 Dia x 1" Thick


Why not hack together your own layout mixing and matching models form other projects or from your own library!  For some great inspiration check out our  hacks page!

Be safe and let the chips fly!

The Design and Make/CNCProjects Team

Uncle Henry you are "Weekend CNC Warrior" Approved!

Uncle Henry has been busy working with and learning with the help of our mini-projects and we could not be any more happy with his success!   

"Here is a photo of the part I cut using the sample heart and banner. It was quick and easy."

" I use a Legacy Arty 36. using a Bosch router.
For more complicated vector designs I use TurboCad but do most design work using Aspire.
The piece I sent you was made of poplar purchased at Lowes, the oval was made using the create model subtract and your models were placed on top using add plus some tilt and fade. The name was done using the Oklahoma typeface distorted to generally follow the ribbon. It was cut using a 60 degree v-bit.
The cadeus as I said was lifted from Google images placed over the heart left of center and cut using a 22 degree v-bit.
The finished part was sanded down to 220 grit, sealed with 2 coats of Bull's Eye shellac and then a final coat of Minwax polyethylene.

The carving was painted using Testors airplane paints. I flood the letters and graphics then wipe off the excess using mineral spirits on a paper towel and Q-tips."

It's always great to see what customers do with the free mini-projects we offer!  Nice job Uncle Henry! and thanks for all of the extra information.

Uncle Henry has also purchased a couple of our mini-projects hand has put them to good use.

"As I said I tried the project as outlined on the tutorial but modified it for the Dollar Store candle. Works well except I cut the text with my 22 deg v-bit and it cut too deep. I think I will change it to cut depth limited to 0.075 inches."

Here is a great use of the Farm Fresh No.1 mini-project... we never thought of a rooster clock.  It kinda makes sense though. 

"Here is a picture of the rooster clock fresh out of the shop, I cut it from a piece of poplar from Lowes. I roughed it with a 0.50 end mill and then did the finish in two passes, 0.25 ball nose and then an 0.0625 for the numbers and rooster. The only thing wrong is that the 0.25 leaves too many corduroy streaks and then going back the second finish pass cuts a little deep and leaves a shadow mark. I used a quartz movement from Klockit, the hole I made was too small and I chipped the bird a bit when I enlarged it but fortunately it glued back in place. I need to stain and finish the piece including painting the rooster and numbers."

Thank you Uncle Henry for the great images and all the the time you took to compose the workflow into easy to follow text!

Uncle Henry you can consider yourself "Weekend CNC Warrior" Approved!  

Be safe and let the chips fly!

The CNCminiProjects Team